|17 Feb 2020
||Moscow's nobles anyone?
Last week we mentioned two new titles from RedBox, which may now have actually been released. They were Moscovite noble cavalry intended for the siege of Pskov in 1581, and now four more new sets have emerged, targeted at similar 16th century events. The titles are:
It seems some of these may share figures, so we shall see when they are released.
- 72133 - Moscow Noble Cavalry (Siege of Kazan) Set 1
- 72134 - Moscow Noble Cavalry (Siege of Kazan) Set 2
- 72135 - Moscow Noble Cavalry (Battle of Orsha) Set 1
- 72136 - Moscow Noble Cavalry (Battle of Orsha) Set 2
|14 Feb 2020
Earlier this week Strelets showed pictures of their set 236 French Fusiliers (Early War) for the War of the Spanish Succession. Today they have begun arriving at retailers.
|10 Feb 2020
||More from Linear-A and RedBox
Linear-A have announced four new titles for their already impressive range of ancient figure sets. The new sets are:
So a major boost for the post-Alexander Successor States, and some really interesting and fresh subjects for this innovative manufacturer.
- 033 - Seleucid Infantry Set 1
- 034 - Ptolemies Infantry Set 1
- 035 - Greco-Bactrian Kingdom
- 036 - Battle of Cunaxa (Set 3)
Another innovative manufacturer is RedBox, and they have announced two more sets for their range. These are two sets of Muscovite Noble Cavalry for the 16th century, specifically for the siege of Pskov in 1581. Generally such announcements are followed quite quickly by the release of the sets, so hopefully these are coming soon.
|20 Jan 2020
||First new set of 2020
The first new release of 2020 comes from Linear-A, who have announced that their set 022 Etruscan Cavalry Set 2 is now available.
|29 Dec 2019
||The Strelets future
We have seen one of the recent Strelets releases and the side of the box reveals both some new projects and some new mysteries. To begin with, here is the basic list as printed:
We have assumed that all but the last three titles are Napoleonic, and that the last three are for World War II. Set 222 was previously named 'Pickett's Retreat', so whether that has been cancelled, or simply Strelets have confused themselves with product numbers we do not know. Equally, set 248 still appears on their website as 'Medieval City Levy', so again, mystery as to what is going on there. Finally we notice that the new set 249 is still called 'Confederates Firing' everywhere, including on their website, but artwork at some dealers shows the title to be 'Confederate Infantry in Defence'. Since Strelets printing errors are legendary, we can only speculate on the truth of any of these mysteries, so the safe course is to assume nothing until each product is actually at retailers.
- 203 - Austrian Grenadiers Standing Order Arms
- 204 - Austrian Grenadiers Standing Shoulder Arms
- 221 - French Infantry in Summer Dress Standing Shoulder Arms
- 222 - French Infantry in Summer Dress Standing Order Arms
- 227 - Bavarian Infantry at Attack
- 270 - Bavarian Infantry at Ease
- 228 - Prussian Uhlans
- 229 - Prussian Dragoons
- 248 - Prussian Hussars
- 245 - Finnish Anti-Tank Squad in Summer Dress
- 246 - Finnish Anti-Tank Squad in Winter Dress
- 247 - American Anti-Tank Squad
|28 Dec 2019
||Last-minute Christmas presents
It seems there has been some activity while we were on our Christmas break. First, Strelets have surprised everyone again with a brand new release, which is on top of the 17 titles released last week. On Christmas Day they announced that their latest set, 'British Infantry Firing Line 1701-1714' is already made and being distributed over the next few days. This makes three sets for the War of the Spanish Succession already, with a fourth on the way, and we might expect more sudden surprises on this range over the next few months.
Also over the holiday period, Mars released their latest offering, which is 72114 'Finnish Army Winter Dress 1942-44'. This has already started to appear at retailers. Looks like a busy January for us, which is just how we like it!
|22 Dec 2019
||New Strelets start to arrive.
Strelets have begun shipping their latest batch of releases to retailers. The titles are as previously announced, which is to say:
- 154 - Brunswick Light Guards Battalion
- 199 - Highlanders Standing Shoulder Arms
- 200 - Highlanders Standing Order Arms
- 201 - British Infantry Standing Order Arms
- 202 - British Infantry Standing Shoulder Arms
- 206 - Austrian Grenadiers in Winter Dress Standing Shoulder Arms
- 209 - Austrian Grenadiers in Winter Dress on the March 1
- 212 - Russian Infantry on the March 1
- 217 - Russian Infantry Standing Order Arms
- 219 - Russian Infantry in Overcoats Standing Order Arms
- 220 - French Line Infantry on the March 2
- 224 - Boer Field Artillery
- 231 - British Infantry in Attack 1701-1714
- 249 - Confederates Firing
- M138 - Boer Infantry
- M140 - Anglo-Saxon Fyrd
- M141 - Housecarls of King Harold
All are brand new figures apart from set M140, which is just the unique sprue from set 912, and set M141, which is just the unique sprue from set 911.
Also new out today is HaT set 8339, 'El Cid Moorish Cavalry Sampler', which contains single sprues from their old El Cid Moorish cavalry sets.
|12 Dec 2019
Strelets have added a new title to their lists. The new set is 236 'French Fusiliers (Early War)', and is for their new War of the Spanish Succession range. This will not appear in the batch of releases due soon, but is presumably already well underway.
|10 Dec 2019
||More from Linear-A
Linear-A have added another title to their list of forthcoming sets. This one is number 005 in their 'small box' range, and as with the fourth of that series it is named 'Waterloo After the Battle'. The previously announced set of that name now has the subtitle 'French Disaster'.
|6 Dec 2019
||Announcements from Linear-A
Linear-A have added a number of new titles to their list of future figure sets. All are from their new 'small' series, and the names are:
No other details are yet available.
- 004s - Waterloo After the Battle
- 007s - Roman Artillery Set 1 - Ballista
- 008s - Roman Artillery Set 2 - Onager
- 009s - Roman Artillery Set 3 - Scorpio
- 010s - Hannibal vs Scipio